Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Monday, March 17, 2008

Being Proud...

There are so many people in life that I am constantly blown away by.

My sister, Brea, is one of those people.
I love Brea with all that I am. I have some of my best memories from my childhood because of her. Sure we had our fights, mainly about chores...go figure...but we still always knew the bottom line was that we loved each other. I will never forget Brea leaving for college and feeling like I had lost my best friend. Brea is such an amazing woman...period. She is a Christian and not afraid to tell you that. She is a wife to an amazing man, J, a mom to four beautiful children, she is a daughter, a sister, a sister-in-law, an auntie Brea, a business woman, a comedian (she is so stinkin' funny), and a friend to many.

Brea just finished up her Consignment sale, Encores and More North Children's Sale here in Hendersonville. The sale was out of this world. I have never seen a sale run so smoothly, with so many wonderful workers, wonderful consignors, and wonderful shoppers. I just couldn't believe that she was so well organized (not because she is not, but because it is a huge sale to organize) and in such great spirits the whole time. She makes it possible for hundreds of people to unload their goodies that they no longer need to make some extra money. She provides a great opportunity for new moms to shop for their upcoming bundles of joy.


When I went today to pick up my check and goodies that didn't sell (yes, the pick up time was today and she had checks ready TODAY!!!), I just looked at her with such admiration for her creativity, responsibility, and beauty. I know that there have been times when Brea and I have had our differences, but the bottom line is just the same as it was when we were kids. I love her more than I could ever tell her. I always want her to know how much I look up to her and how much her impact on my life has made me the woman and mother I am today. I will never forget when Josh got so sick and was in the ambulance in the driveway...she just sat with me and prayed. She just looked at me and said words that I will never forget..."Alie, you know...God is in control." I saw God through her that night. It is a night that I will never fully be able to wrap my mind and thoughts around, but I am still trying. I just remember that I knew that even with Josh being shocked with an AED with CPR right behind it, that he was surrounded with love.


I love her...I don't tell her that enough. She ALWAYS supports me and guides me through times when I am uncertain.


She is my sister, my cheerleader, my best friend and I am so proud of her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Al, this brought tears to my eyes. You two are blessed to have one another. And I know "babbling bawling Brea" will love this.

Rachel Wilson said...

that one might bring out "the ugly cry" in her.(thats what my kids call mine) The truth is Big sisters would be nothing with out a firm foundation!

Alison B. said...

tears here too

Karin said...

Wow. I just can't find the words. I hope my sister feels that way about me. You are one special lady, Alie! If I could have another sister, I would take you in a second!! Brea is just as lucky!!

Karin said...

O.k. I did not write what I meant to write. I would take you as an additional sister. I would never ever replace Molly. She actually read this, and I think I might have hurt her feelings. Molly is my very best friend, and I love her soooooo much!! You are my favorite of Molly's friends. I am sure Brea would never let me take you though. :) Love you Alie!!

Rachel Wilson said...

Oh I got them but they are to pretty to take out in the rain so the debut will have to wait.

Anonymous said...

I am crying like a baby right now!! That's the sweetest I have read in a while. You guys are so lucky. As an only child, I have never known what it's like to have a sister. Be thankful you do!!!

-Leslie

Destry said...

Allison, that was beautiful. You are so sweet.

Brea said...

Ugly, hiccuping crying here...

Love you Ali...you're the best!