Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

...I made it through the day!

So many people have been concerned about how my first day and week of school went. Thanks for all the sweet comments and concerns.

My first day back to school was out of this world. I never expected it to go as well as it did. Now, let me start by saying that I cried my eyes out all night Sunday because I knew I had to leave her on Monday morning. I couldn't even see to give her her bath because my eyes were just filled with tears. I woke up ready to get through the day. I knew that I was going to leave her, but with my mom, JuJu...who would take excellent care of her. Maggie loves her JuJu. She is going to be a very special person to Maggie, I can already tell. With Maggie feed and changed, mom had arrived to get her. She came to my house to give me a little extra time...so sweet of her!

Mom left the same time as me, only she had Maggie. That was so hard to pull out of the driveway without her and know that I wouldn't see her again until 3 o'clock that afternoon. I called twice to check on her and she was great. She did great all day and I couldn't get to mom's house fast enough that afternoon. I was even okay if I got pulled over. I thought to myself...
ok, I'll just pay the ticket if I get pulled over, I don't care.

School was fantastic. The kids really seemed to miss me and all were very excited when they saw me again. All I heard most of the day was..."Mrs. Harris, It's Mrs. Harris. She's back...Look, Look!!" How cute those words were. Children are so sweet and innocent. My awesome co-worker and great friend, Molly, had made a banner to welcome me back. It was hanging on the stage wall when I walked in. It read "Welcome Back Mrs. Harris! We Love(heart) You!" I will say, it brought tears to my eyes. It was so thoughtful and I knew Molly put a lot of time into it and making it special. She also arranged for all of the students to sign it. It was perfect. How special did I feel!

(This is me and my co-worker and great friend, Molly.)


The people that I work with are so caring and thoughtful. The school receptionist and Library assistant also got together make Josh and I's dinner for the night...They said they knew it would be a busy day and just didn't want me to worry with making dinner. I was floored by the kindness of my co-workers. Everyone wanted to know how my family was doing. Everyone knew about Josh's illness and was dying to know how he was recovering and how Baby Maggie was doing. It was so great to feel loved and appreciated.

So I am happy to say that I have made it through the first week, and I know that it will continue to get easier. The past two mornings when I have taken Maggie to mom's house, she is sound asleep. It is the sweetest sound to just listen to her sleep. I just drive to mom's with no music on, just listening to her. I am happy to get back to work. The children have missed me, which is an awesome feeling. I guess I just look at returning to work as another thing in our lives that is getting back to "normal." I do miss Maggie every minute of everyday. I just love her.
I just do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet Al. I'm so glad everyone was so happy to see you and missed you so. I imagine it will surely get easier & easier each week. How precious the kids were in their excitement to see you back. And thank God you have a great job you love to go back to!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you have gotten such a sweet welcome back to school. I know you miss Maggie so much! It's great that you have people who are close to you to take such wonderful care of her. I know she is be showered with love while her mommy is working. Love you,
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Hey there momma! I am glad the first week is almost over for you, bc the weekend will be SO great! I have thought of you so much!
Maggie is really growing! She is SO sweet! Tell JuJu i said hello!

Rachel Wilson

Angela said...

Ali, glad to hear your first day back to school turned out to be a good one. I know it's so hard leaving Maggie for the day. I remeber being very emotional leaving mine with a sitter (my mom) for the first time. It'll get eaiser, though!

I can't believe how big baby Maggie is getting!