Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Day Has Come...



...So tomorrow is the day I have dreaded since I found out I was pregnant last year...I return back to work...


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job in every way. I love my co-workers, I love the kiddos, I love the schools I teach at. I just love Maggie more. I am really going to miss her. I know that she will be in great hands and will survive just fine without me for 7 hours, but I just am so sad to leave her. I know that tomorrow will be a very hard day to overcome. I just hope I don't spend the whole day crying!


I guess I just sit here thinking about how much this family has been through in the past 2 and a half months. It is just amazing. I just think of the time that I have had at home as the biggest blessing...time to watch Maggie grow and get to know her, time to take care of Josh and watch him recover, time to just be a mom. I believe that God shows us the greatest gifts through children. I always felt like our life was complete, but now I just know that our life was empty without Maggie. She is so fun and such a sweet baby. I know that she will continue to grow and change, I just hope that I can always remember these times and know that we are so blessed.

Maggie and Daddy...What a sweet picture!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alie, I am thinking about you. You are such a wonderful mom! Your sister's new baby is so cute. I love the picture of her in the car seat. It looks like they were doing her car seat test. When Matthew was in Intensive Care he had to pass his car seat test before we could take him home. They only do that test before you are released, so that is a good sign that Mary Elizabeth will get to go home soon.
Love,
Karin (Graser)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there today, Alie. I said a prayer for you. Enjoy Maggie this evening!

Kerri said...

Alie,
I've thought about your return to school all weekend. I know the sadness you feel, and I'm praying for you. Try to make the most of this new balance in your life.
Love,
kerri

Rachel Wilson said...

Ali-

I cant imagine the surge of emotion you expereinced today. The working mother part I can b/c I went to work when Kate was 6 weeks old but after all of the absolutely crazy things you guys have been through this summer I know there was nothing in the world that compared to walking through that door this after noon.

Anonymous said...

Alie, I thought of you all day yesterday. Having had that experience before, I know what a challenge it is, and hopefully, you have survived beautifully, and so has Maggie-Girl. ;) I love you all so much. I was considering that you and Josh have had so many adjustments this summer that you will probably welcome the return of a rhythm to life (after the emotions settle, of course!). . . it can be a great comfort to know that change is resting and therefore, so can you.

Then again, change never had a newborn. ;)

Love you all; and give everyone a huge hug from me! (Including Brea and Jonathan---that's such wonderful news!)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Alie,I love you so much I can't tell you how much fun you are going to have I wish you good luck. Love, Anna

Anonymous said...

how is Mary Elizabeth?

Rachel Wilson