Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Monday, January 21, 2008

Maggie's Taggie...

I have been sewing a bit more here lately working on some presents and orders/requests that a couple of people have placed with me. (thanks girls!)


Yesterday, I decided that I wanted to make something special for Maggie!
She is getting bigger everyday and absolutely LOVES buttons, ribbons, and zippers. She has one Taggie Book and seems to really love it. So, I thought I would try making a taggie blankie for Maggie. I used some adorable pink dot fabric on one side and a super duper soft chenille on the other.
Of course, I spiced it up with some ribbon and button flowers and a cute little birdie on the back.

I thought it turned out really great for my first attempt. Of course the bottom is not as straight as I would like, but hey, that is what gives it personality!

I haven't given it to her yet. I do think that Mags will love it!



What do you think? Would love your opinion!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I love it! Maggie will love it for sure. If you have any extra time for an order I'll place one with you. Isabella would love that! I really like the dots in the center and the tags around it like a flower. Isabella loves different designs. Love ya! Heather

Anonymous said...

So cute Allison! I know Maggie will love it! Especially because it was made with so much love from her mommy.
Hugs, Erin (Beth's sister)

Karin said...

That is so adorable! You are inspiring me!! Maggie is one lucky baby girl.
Love you!!
Karin

Brea said...

Ooh, I totally love it. You are really going to have to make some goods to sell at the consignment sale...I really think you can sell some stuff!

I noticed on ebay someone had some Baby Nay fabric for sale. I think it would cool to make something like that to match an outfit :)

I have a new taggie book for Maggie that she can borrow from M.E. She hasn't shown any interest in it yet...I think she is still too young

Anonymous said...

O.K. So it looks like I have a lot to learn before I become a mom. :) I absolutely love this, so creative and special. She will always keep this knowing her mommy made it! I might have some requests after my little one gets here! Love,
Courtney

freshie (and zero) said...

Those blankets are both so adorable! Do you ever sell the blankets you make?

Rachel Wilson said...

ok alie, so i have been doing some sewing as well. i have made several jumpers for the girls. I Some curtains and I made all the teachers aprons for christmas.
Anyway, I am making a shirt for Alie-Grace for her birthday. I havn't done applique in a while. Are you using the iron on backing?

Alison said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. I really like how this turned out. I can't wait to let Mags play with it...although, I am nervous it may fall apart! haha

Heather, if you would like one for Isabella, just let me know. I will take orders.

Brea, I saw that someone had some fabric like that for sell. I will have to keep an eye on that!

Freshie, thanks for visiting my blog! I am happy to sell some of the things I make. Contact me @ alihol@hotmail.com if interested! Love your work!

Rachel, no I am just using regular felt that I stitch down. I haven't used the iron on stuff yet...sounds interesting!

Thanks girls!
Alie

Anonymous said...

Cutest one I have ever seen Alie! You are soooo very talented! Your ability to create both with your mind & hands is incredible. Maggie is one lucky little gal & so are we....love ya! Mom from Indiana