Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Monday, November 5, 2007

Pray for Brad Keitzman and His Family

I just wanted to ask for a word of prayer for a very important family. Brad Keitzman is a wonderful man, as well as a teacher in Sumner County. We worked together for a couple of years until he moved onto to teach at the Middle School level. He is a teacher, a father, a husband, and a friend.

I received an email asking for prayer for him and his family. Please see below...

Please send out a request for more prayer for the Keitzman family. Brad is a science teacher at Ellis Middle, and I know many people will be wanting to hear how he is doing. He will be taking a leave of absence from his job. He has been diagnosed with stage four adenocarcinoma of the pancreas which has spread to his liver and is systemic. He will be starting chemo on Wednesday (which may actually help him feel better). The girls are having a really hard time (ages 10 and 7) as I am sure both Brad and Patti are. I believe they told him a year when he thought it might be weeks so he is feeling hopeful, and we are all praying for a miracle. Thank you for praying. They are in such need.
From what one of the nurses in our Sunday School class said, I guess patients with pancreatic cancer are in a lot of pain. By taking the chemo, it may help with some of the pain. By taking the chemo, the doctor told him last week it would give him a year. God can and does work miracles.

...This is such a horrible situation. We just found out about this and his illness. He is a very sweet man with a heart of gold. Please just say an extra prayer for him and his family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just said a prayer for Mr. Keitzman and his family. We will continue to keep them in our prayers.
Love,
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Mr. Brad Keitzman and Family-

I was one of your 5th grade students at Los Naranjos Elementary in Irvine, CA, in the late '80s. I would just like to thank you for being such an awesome figure in my grade school years, those were some wonderful times and not forgotten. Will always remember your "Back in Ohio, when I was a kid..." stories. LOL, Absolute gold!

Indeed, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. My family is also suffering from an illness as well, so I can fully understand what you guys are going through and pray for the best. Warmest Regards, Chris Gardner

email: Hysteric@air.ocn.ne.jp