Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Where Did August Go?

I return back to work on October 8, 2007...Where did the whole month of August go? I know that we have been living at drs. appointments throughout each week, but to look at Maggie and think that she is 6 weeks old today is just unreal.
She has already changed so much. She is starting to smile with a purpose and can track people around an area as they move.

Josh and I are doing good. Josh recovers more everyday, I think. He gets up every morning wanting to know what we are going to do that day. He is not good at just sitting still. We have been working around the house, hanging pictures and organizing stuff. He loves to play with Maggie, but has to still be careful because of his wounds on his chest...somehow she always knows right where to kick.

We did return back to the ER last Tuesday, on my birthday. Josh had a touch of the stomach flu that started on Sunday. He had to have an echo cardiogram with a stress test done on Tuesday. He was not allowed to eat 6 hours before, which he really hadn't eaten since later Sunday night. The dye that they used was not a good combination on an empty stomach. Ended up throwing up all the way home from Vanderbilt. When I called the drs. office, they told me to bring him back to the ER to make sure he was not having an allergic reaction to the dye. He wasn't, he was just so sick and dehydrated. They pumped him with two bags of IV fluids and gave him some throw-up-no-more medicine and sent us home. I was glad that he was ok. Plus, we got to check out Vanderbilt's ER...not a place I ever care to see again.

Josh and I joke that we are like the hotels.com people that go around and rate the hotels...We do that for ER's. By far, Centennial was the best so far. Hopefully, we are finished with ER's, but we have been to 4 so that is a pretty solid recommendation. haha

Finding humor is always a good thing. Josh's sense of humor is awesome. I think it is one of his best qualities.

No comments: