Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our Second Trip...


First of all, how hilarious is this sign. This is a sign that is hanging on one of the docks down at JuJu and Poppy Eddie's houseboat. We all giggle when we go past it so I thought I needed a picture to remember it by.
Well, let me just start by saying that we LOVE JuJu and Poppy Eddie to death. Mom and Dad were at the houseboat today. I stayed home and sewed and cleaned house all day yesterday so when I heard that Josh had to go to basketball camp with his team...I thought it would be a great day to go the to boat. We HATED to go without Daddy, but we had the best time ever!


Maggie, first of all, has no fear. Period. She has loved the water since she was first born. Even last year at the houseboat, she didn't mind it. When we went to the houseboat a week or so ago, I could tell that she was growing more and more comfortable with the water. We strapped her into her lifejacket and got straight in the "WATTIEE" when we got there this morning. Maggie loved it. She never cried, she just smiled and yelled with enjoyment.
I then realized that Maggie was kicking with a purpose...OH MY!!! MAGGIE CAN SWIM!

Let me just take this opportunity to tell you that I LOVED the water. Ever since I was Maggie's age and younger, I loved the water. I could spend hours upon hours in water and never complain or get bored. That is still true for me now. I love to swim. I love how free it makes me feel. I, secretly, always wanted my children to love to swim and be in water. My wish came true. Maggie had a great time and didn't want to get out.
Once she got the hang of it, she didn't want me to hold her or even help her if she got off balance and her face got in the water. Mom and Dad loved seeing her swim. She was a stinkin' fish by the end of the day. I loved it! I loved that we got it on video for Josh to see. I love that my parents kept saying, your just like your mommy...she loved the water. It meant a lot to me.

Thanks for another awesome day at the boat JuJu and Poppy! We love you!
Check out the video of Maggie swimming below. If you look closely in the water, you will see her little feet just working up the town. She loved it!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I love it! That is so awesome that little Maggie is a swimmer. Glad y'all had such a great time. Oh, and that sign is so cool!

Rachel Lynn said...

I'm so glad you captured this on video!