Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I love when...

...old things take on a new life...especially when I can do it for next to nothing.
Let me explain.
Josh purchased this vintage vanity stool at our favorite antique mall in Springfield, TN the Antique Barn. I think he paid like $30.00 for it. He found it and fell in love with the idea of placing a newborn on it for photography purposes. Well, I had other ideas from day one. I needed a sewing chair. I needed something that was short enough that it could get tucked under my table so that Maggie couldn't climb on it. I needed something that was comfy, but allowed me to move. Answer: Josh's awesome stool.

So I have used this stool for at least a year in this shape. Fabric was a nightmare. At least it didn't stink! But the fabric had seen better days and wasn't my taste anyway. The front, which gets the most use, was destroyed.
So, while Mags was down for her afternoon nap, I had had enough of the wood stabbing me in the legs and decided to make it more Alie-Friendly.
I will let the pictures tell the story...

...the before chair...





So for about $8 dollars in padding, I have a brand new, adorable chair. And Josh can still use it for photography purposes! YAY!

Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Great job Alison! You are so creative :)