Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Monday, April 27, 2009

Maggie's Sick Part 2...

We returned to Dr. Keith Thompson yesterday afternoon. He ran several tests including a flu swab and a strep test, just to be sure that those things were not going on. Honestly, when we (Josh, Maggie, JuJu, and I) got to the dr. office, Maggie seemed to be more playful and upbeat. We got back into the room and she was talking and be silly, which was a huge blessing to see. All of the tests that Dr. Keith ran came back negative so he just recommended that we stay the course with the Motrin and Tylenol routine that we already have going, which is around the clock. He is just thinking that this is a viral thing, but they are culturing all of her tests to see if anything grows over time. I would say since about 4:30 yesterday that Maggie has been fever free. She was getting back to herself last night including shaking her booty and telling Dexter Dog to HUSSSSHHHH DEXXXTTTTYYY.

This morning she is right back to her sweet self. Her cheeks have great color and she has been playing and being silly since about 6:30 this morning, since Dexter decided to go in and check on her. Dexter, while I often act like I can't stand him, loves this little girl as if he were her daddy. He has stayed right with her since she came home from the hospital and even slept under her crib while she was napping. This morning he wanted to see how she was so he went into her room and scuffed his feet to wake her up. She was thrilled and screamed with excitement saying HI DEXXTTYY. She then proceeded to jump in her bed until I got in there, which was a great sign of how she was feeling. She ate a yummy pop-tart and some milk, has used the potty (GO MAGGIE!), and has been making pretend phone calls all morning.

We are so thankful for all the emails, texts, and phone calls to check on Maggie. She is such a special little girl. I will keep everyone posted!

10 comments:

Kim T. said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad Mags is better! and nothing serious!

Lesley, Dennis, Landon, and Natalee "Lou" said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am glad Maggie is better. Our son, Landon has had 2 febrile seizures. They have never found an underlying cause for them and have explained that some children get them with the extreme changes in temperature (quickly going from no fever to 104 etc...)He has not been affected by them either.
(I know you probably don't remember me but you made our son and our new daughter owl t-shirts.)

Courtney said...

Oh I am sooooo glad!!! She is getting so big. If you guys ever need ANYTHING we are here. Talk to you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

We've been keeping up with Maggie thru Brea and Jonathan. You have all been in our prayers and we're so glad she's OK now.

Grandmother

Erin Morgan said...

So glad to hear that little Maggie is doing well. I have a friend here in WA who's daughter has had 3 seizures (on three separate occasions) due to high fever. Her doctor couldn't find anything wrong with her, just that her body couldn't handle the high temp. I pray that Maggie is in the same boat and that she's able to stay cool! :)
Hugs - erin

Heather said...

Yay! It is so good to hear that. I am so glad she's feeling better.

Rachel Lynn Smith said...

Seriously...if I didn't know you any better I'd think you were making this stuff up. When I get to heaven I'm going to have to ask God what the reason is for all your family's drama. Meanwhile, I'm glad the drama has subsided!!

Kerri said...

God is so good.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad Maggie is feeling better! We are still thinking of you guys!

Kristin said...

Alison: I am so glad to hear that Maggie is back to being herself! What a HUGE answer to prayers!