Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For Patti...

I have never been a huge fan of sending flowers to a funeral home when someone passes. I get the point and I value the beauty that flowers provide, it is just not my thing.

Last week, my mom's best friend lost her mother. Let me just say that my mom's best friend, Patti, is one of those women that you love to be around. She is little, sweet, beautiful, and just plain fun. Patti and her hubby, Ronnie, have been in my life for as long as I remember. We ALWAYS did things with Patti and Ronnie, and still do. I remember going over to Patti's mother's house and playing volleyball in the backyard and searching for Easter eggs. We are not related to Patti, but it always felt that she was just our family. I love her. She used to fix me the BEST ice cream sundae's when we would go to her house, just because she knew that I liked them.

When I found out that Patti had lost Mrs. Per, I wanted to do something that would hopefully hold more long term meaning than flowers. I decided to make her a hanky with a calendar cut out of the month and date that her mom passed. November 14th has a heart around it. It is not to constantly remind her of the date, rather to constantly remind her that she is loved by so many. I got this awesome vintage calendar cut out from Etsy seller chakrapennywhistle. I contacted her to make sure that she had the right date to line up with the right day of the week. Since they are vintage, you have to double check those things.


I love the way it turned out and I hope that Patti will love it for years to come as well. Mrs. Per was a wonderful lady who had a wonderful family. Heaven just got sweeter...

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Adorable! Such a sweet idea!

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

This is so dear and so very lovely. What a beautiful story :)

Courtney said...

What a creative gift. Those are the ones that people cherish the most.

Anonymous said...

Alie, I hate to hear this for Patti. I know this incredibly beautiful & thoughtful gift will be treasured by her. You done good!

Destry said...

Allison, thank you for making this for aunt Patti. She is one of the strongest women I know.

Your family has always been a part of our family. Funny isn't it? I can't remember a tme when we were not playing volleyball, having some sort of dinner, etc.

Thank you again, I know she will love it.