Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Monday, June 23, 2008

Maggie's Daddy Is My Hero...

Maggie got a new pair of shoes for her upcoming 1st birthday (Can you believe that???).

Her JuJu and Poppie Eddie got her these adorable bright pink All Star Chuck Taylor's. She loves them...She also loves to untie them. Josh has a pair as well. He loves his Converse tennis shoes. He will put together outfits that look ridiculous together and come out wearing his Converse tennis shoes...I think he just dresses to wear his shoes.

I wanted to capture a picture of Maggie and Josh in their new digs. I love the way this turned out. I am terrible at photography...I can sew, I can do laundry, I can organize, I can use a label maker like a champ...I can't take a good picture to save me. But this one...I did! I love it!


Tomorrow is a big day for us. Josh returns to his Cardiologist tomorrow morning at 8 am. At the end of last week, Josh mentioned that he was having a bit of trouble breathing when he went to lie down at night. He said it felt like his breathing was "heavy." So we watched it and took note of it and waited to see how he felt on Thursday. Thursday came and he was now laboring a bit to breathe comfortably so he decided it was time to call the Dr.


He goes to the Cardiologist for an Echo cardiogram tomorrow morning at 8 with a visit with Dr. Churchwell at Vanderbilt at 9:30ish. We are VERY nervous. We are VERY anxious. We are VERY worried.

Josh doesn't want to be sick again. He hasn't jumped to any conclusions, I don't want to give you the wrong impression, but he knows that the symptoms he is feeling currently feels like Pericarditis...
which is what he was diagnosed with last year before the whole Cardiac Arrest issue. I think he is scared to death that the illness that he feels like is coming back, could also be the illness that tried to take his life last year. That is a very scary thought.

Josh is almost one year post-trauma. July 30th will be one year. In some ways, that is so hard to believe, in others it literally feels like it happened yesterday. I know that Josh is so grateful to be alive. I know that Josh thanks God for that blessing...I also know that Josh loves life too much to be sick again.


Please pray for us tomorrow. Pray that Josh will have the patience and understanding he needs to wrap his mind around what is going on currently...Pray that I will hold it together for us both...Pray that Maggie will be a good little stinker while JuJu watches her (thanks JuJu!!!)...Pray that Dr. Churchwell has the information he needs and a clear mind to provide us information...Pray that we will rely on God to get us through whatever may be going on.


Thank you for your love and concern. Thank you for your prayers!

9 comments:

Laura Kelley www.pitterpatterart.com said...

That is one great picture. I love the pink all stars. harper is a big fan too. We will have you guys in our thoughts and prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Rachel Wilson said...

ok i am sitting here squalling at the thought of you guys having to be worried about this sickness again. As soon as I get off here I am going to hit my knees for your family. And in the morning I will again at the time you are scheduled to see the doc.
I am thinking of you and praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

I just read your message, I will definitely be praying for you and Josh, that God will wrap you in His presence and peace, for wisdom for the doctor so he will be able to diagnose and quickly treat whatever is going on. You are two special people and God will give you the strength for whatever the future holds.

Love, Grandmother

Kristin said...

I will be praying as you head to the doctor. I know how scary it is to go to the doctor and not know what will come out of it!

Destry said...

I'm praying for you guys.

Kerri said...

I didn't read this until 9:45 today, but I was already praying for you guys before I finished reading the whole post. Be sure to update everyone on how the visit goes. I love the picture you took. Those shoes are the cutest! Papa Eddie and JuJu did great buying those.
We love you guys!
Kerri

Stacey P. said...

I just read your post. Please know that you and your precious family are in our prayers. By the way...love the picture!

Kristen said...

I absolutely love the picture! I know how you feel about photography. I think it is just because the boys insist having complication cameras. We are thinking about you guys this week.

Anonymous said...

now she just needs some white keds!