Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So Much to Say...

...so here goes. Hang on to your bananas.

I want to start this post with some random thoughts I have had recently. They might not amount to much to others, but I wanted to share them regardless.

What drives me crazy...

When you go to see a Cardiologist and the waiting room smells like smoke. Seriously people. Your at the Cardiologist. If you have to smoke, take a 2 hour break and a bath and come smelling fresh and clean, not like a cigarette is on fire in your be hind. That just got all under my skin. I moved two times today in the waiting room at Vanderbilt because I felt like I was gonna go home and smell like I had been in a bar. I would have rather not smelled like a cancer stick.

When my Postmaster/Postman just doesn't pick up our outgoing mail because we don't have any incoming mail. You see we bought this house from my dear sister and our lovely brick mailbox doesn't have a flag so there is no way to know when we have outgoing mail or not. So, in my mind, I would think that the Postmaster would check everyday...not true! Not true indeed!

Okay, I am sure there is many more topics, but we will save those for another day.

We returned to Indiana this weekend to attend Josh's 10 Yr. Class Reunion. It was "interesting" and so fun to go back to his roots. I love his home town. Even though you have to drive across the country to go to Wal Mart, it still has a great warm town feel. I got to see some of his buddies that we haven't seen in about 6 yrs. so that was awesome.

We also went to the new indoor water park in French Lick on Sunday night. It was fun. It was overpriced, but fun. Maggie loves water, so it was great to see her slide over and over again.

Josh returned back to the Cardiologist today. Dr. Churchwell performed a Stress Test and Echo cardiogram on him. We went last week because Josh has had three episodes of tightness and discomfort, as well as his pacemaker portion of his defib going off twice now. We were ready to get to the bottom of why he is feeling the way he is and what we can expect in the future.

Dr. C confirmed that Josh's heart looks good. His pericardium looked as well as he could expect with all that he has been through. There was no fluid around the heart, which was awesome news. He did confirm that Josh has paracardistis again, which is an infection around the lining of his heart. He had this same condition when I delivered Maggie, and then shortly after went into Cardiac Arrest. He prescribed a steroid pack for the third time hoping to knock out the discomfort until we return to his Auto-Immune Dr. on the 23rd.

It was an emotional day for both of us. Of course, we never want Josh to feel sick or to not be 100%, but just the thought of him having Paracardistis again...heck, even just to hear the word, makes me shiver. I hate it! I hate that he is in pain. I hate that he has to deal with all of this. BUT, I am so thankful that he is ALIVE.

July is a super emotional month for me. I know that I will overcome it as I have before. I just try to be real with my emotions and continue to be who I am.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad that the doctor was able to give you some answers today, even if they weren't terrific. I will be praying that the infection goes away quickly and that you are able to get more answers next week!

Anonymous said...

we get around the lack of flag on ours by keeping a bright colored plastic clothespin inside, and then when we have mail, we pin the mail to the outside of the door using the clothespin along the edge. (not a good plan if rain is expected though..)

Jenna said...

Aw, we have been thinking of you all a lot lately, and now I understand why. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. We'd love to meet you all for dinner if you're up for it!
Love,
Jenna

Courtney said...

I hate that you have been dealing with all of that!! I know it can be tough, but like we always do, we can definitely look at the positive things :) He is here, he didn't receive terrible news, and yall have a BEAUTIFUL little girl.
I LOVED the canvas you made Brea, you are so talented!
If you need anything I am here! Love You!!

Brea said...

yeah, sorry about the mailbox thing. It does suck, or maybe the mailperson just sucks.

Praying Joshie's heart heals up soon!