Follow Me on Facebook...

Friends

About Me

My photo
Hendersonville, United States

Saturday, September 6, 2008

So...

So...I have a ton of catching up to do.

I am going to get this blog caught up and try to stick with it. Our summer just flew by, but what a great one!

Where to start...

hmmm...

Maggie's 1st Birthday! What a great time! Her birthday was on July 24th, but we celebrated with a fun party at home with all of our family and friends on July 26th. It was wonderful.



Josh and I made her birthday cupcakes from scratch and for Ms. Maggie she got her very own giant cupcake. I wanted everything to be perfect, of course. She loved it. Our "theme" on our invitations was birdies! So we had an adorable birdie cupcake holder for the centerpiece, along with some beautiful fresh roses.


I custom made Maggie her very own birthday banner using some of my favorite fabrics, that we can later put up in her room. I loved the way it turned out!


I think over all, she had a great first birthday. She got some wonderful presents, including some adorable Crocs and a yummy Encores and More North gift certificate. My mom also passed my childhood locket that my Granny got for me onto Maggie. That was a very emotional moment for me. I will always cherish that locket for little Maggie.


Maggie loved her cake. I think she was a little overwhelmed at first, but before long, she jumped right in. She LOVES sweets, so this was right up her alley.
Maggie loves to kiss everything...including her cake!
Aunt Brea captured this picture. I believe at this time the party girl was getting a bath. I love what it shows...her cake, a complete mess, her dress and converses in her dirty highchair.
Overall, we had a great first birthday...Wouldn't change one thing. Thanks for all of those that came and helped us make sweet memories.

2 comments:

Nicki and Don said...

Looks like a terrific party! Yours and Josh's creative talents are so terrific! I love the birdies, we have those hanging in Harper's room! Hope you are having a great school year!

Jenna said...

Allison,
I saw little Maggie I believe in person last night... I'm not certain, because I haven't seen you since high school, but I was leaving Shane's as you all were walking in. I couldn't put my finger on where I knew you from, BUT driving away, I figured it out. Hope all is going well, and your work (both yours and Josh's) is amazing. Love you and pray God's richest blessings on your family.
Love, Jenna (Warren) Johnson
http://jennarjohnson.blogspot.com/